Ramón E Ortiz-Vélez
Phone: (425) 633-2004
Fax: (425) 748-3940
Ramón E Ortiz-Vélez was a founding member of Ortiz Gosalia, PLLC. As of counsel, he continues to share a wealth and depth of experience in complex estate planning, tax, and immigration laws.
Mr. Ortiz-Vélez is currently the Director of Experiential Learning and Senior Lecturer at the University of South Dakota School of Law, where he teaches Tax, Military, and National Security Law as well as International Business Transactions, Law Office Management, and other courses. Prior to joining the University of South Dakota School of Law, he was a part-time Lecturer at the University of Washington School of Law, where he taught tax law to Juris Doctor and Master of Laws (LL.M.) students as well as bankruptcy, tax, and immigration law to legal technicians.
Mr. Ortiz-Vélez also served as labor contracts negotiator and was the Director of Port Security for one of the largest ports in North America. He also worked for over 23 years for various United States agencies and departments, serving both in the United States and abroad.
Mr. Ortiz-Vélez volunteers his time through a variety of government and private institutions in the States of South Dakota, Minnesota, Washington, and Alaska–providing pro bono legal representation to low-income families, veterans, first responders, and others in tax, estate planning, and immigration matters.
- LL.M., Taxation, University of Washington School of Law
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law, cum laude
- M.P.A., Troy State University, summa cum laude
- B.S., Biology, Interamerican University of Puerto Rico, magna cum laude
- State Bar of South Dakota
- Washington State Bar Association
- United States Tax Court
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Washington